Party Steak & Wedge Salad Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
This Party Steak & Wedge Salad from Hayden Haas is the perfect dish when you’re looking for something fresh and colorful to serve friends or family. Pairing New Zealand grass-fed beef tenderloin steaks with delicious produce and a creamy blue cheese dressing ensures every bite is packed with flavor.
- 4 6 oz New Zealand grass-fed beef tenderloin steaks (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
For the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic dressing
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For the Salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into coins
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- 3. Once the steaks reach room temperature, season all sides with salt and pepper.
- 4. To a cast iron or oven safe pan, add butter and garlic. Cook the butter and garlic in the oven or over medium-low heat on the stovetop for 2 minutes.
- 5. Once the butter has melted, add steaks to the pan and cook for 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until a golden-brown crust forms on the top and bottom.
- 6. Put the steaks in the oven for another 5-8 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness and set aside to rest.
- 7. While the steaks are cooking, prepare the dressing and salad. To a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients, mix and set aside.
- 8. Season lettuce and tomatoes with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Assemble the lettuce wedges, cucumber, onion and tomatoes on a large platter.
- 9. Once steaks have rested at least 5 minutes, slice and place alongside the salad on the platter. Drizzle the steak with any remaining garlic butter.
- 10. Top the lettuce wedges with the dressing and season the platter with Everything Bagel seasoning, and salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy.