Herb Crusted Grass-fed Lamb Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 rack New Zealand grass-fed lamb, bones frenched (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon herbs (such as rosemary, thyme or parsley), minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- 3. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add bread crumb mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- 4. Rub 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper on both sides of the lamb.
- 5. Brush mustard on the meaty side of lamb, then press into bread crumb mixture, until the meaty side is well-coated. With the bread crumb mixture side up, place lamb into a roasting pan.
- 6. Cook lamb in the oven until it reaches your desired level of doneness (135° F for medium-rare, about 25 minutes).
- 7. Slice lamb rack into individual chops and serve immediately.