New Zealand Grass-fed Beef & Rice Meatballs Recipe
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
There’s nothing cozier than a slow-cooked rice and meatball dish, and this recipe made with New Zealand grass-fed ground beef delivers a flavor-packed punch in every bite.
Tip: If you’re short on time, use your slow cooker’s high setting and cook the meatballs for 3 – 4 hours.
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed ground beef (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs, chopped (e.g. parsley, chives, oregano, thyme)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 1/3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1. In a mixing bowl, add ground beef, cooked rice and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- 2. Using a teaspoon, roll each scoop of the beef mixture into balls and set aside.
- 3. Turn on slow cooker to low.
- 4. Add onion, carrot, tomato sauce and beef stock to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- 5. Place meatballs on top of the sauce, cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours.
- 6. To serve, place a spoonful of meatballs into bowl. Top with sauce and enjoy.