Sweet & Sour Beef Stir-fry Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
This easy sweet and sour stir-fry recipe is a crowd favorite and an ideal dish when you’re short on time. The recipe is balanced, healthy, packed full of tender New Zealand grass-fed beef and flavorful vegetables, and goes great with rice or your favorite noodles.
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed sirloin or rump steak (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin or butternut squash, seeds removed, peeled and chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- Black pepper
- Cooked rice or your favorite noodles
- 1. Cut the steak across the grain into thin strips.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sliced steak with dark soy sauce and season with pepper. Cover and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- 3. While the beef marinates, steam or microwave the pumpkin pieces and broccoli until just tender.
For the Stir-Fry:
- 4. To the bowl of marinated beef, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and mix well.
- 5. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 6. Working in batches, stir-fry beef until cooked, reheating pan between each batch. Reserve cooked beef in a bowl and set aside.
- 7. Add remaining olive oil to pan and reheat. Add green onion and red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 8. Add steamed pumpkin, broccoli and sweet and sour sauce, stir-fry until sauce is hot. Return beef to pan and toss to combine.
- 9. Serve with rice or noodles.