Warm ‘Shaking Beef’ Salad with Watercress and Tomatoes Recipe
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed beef filet or sirloin (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 bunches watercress, stems removed (about 5 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- Steamed rice
- 1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. Using a bowl or container with a lid, prepare the marinade by combining 2 tablespoons oil with fish sauce, black pepper, oyster sauce, garlic and sugar. Mix well until sugar is dissolved, then add beef cubes.
- 3. Cover the bowl or container and shake the beef to evenly coat the meat (or you can simply stir). Leave the cover on and let the container sit for 20 minutes on the counter.
- 4. Clean watercress and arrange it on a large serving platter or dish.
- 5. In a large skillet over high heat, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil. When hot, add onion and saute for a few minutes, then add beef and the marinade and toss quickly. Cook for 5 minutes over low to medium heat for medium rare.; continue tossing as it cooks. Cook longer if preferred.
- 6. When meat is cooked, turn off burner and stir in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- 7. Spoon beef and sauce onto watercress and top with tomato wedges.
- 8. Serve family style with steamed rice.