Garlic Herb Tri-Tip Recipe
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Tri-tip is a tender and flavorful cut of meat, and the perfect centerpiece for holiday meals or special occasions. This grass-fed tri-tip is seasoned with garlic, thyme and rosemary, and bursting with flavor in every bite.
Tip: Scroll down to watch the recipe video.
- 1 2 1/2-3 lb. New Zealand grass-fed beef tri-tip (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1. Preheat grill to a high heat.
- 2. Combine the chopped thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Rub the tri-tip with the olive oil. Using your hands, evenly distribute the minced garlic. Cover both sides of the oiled tri-tip with the seasoning blend.
- 4. Place the tri-tip on the hottest part of the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes. Flip the tri-tip over and transfer to an indirect heat section of the grill. Continue grilling until the inside temperature reaches your desired level of doneness (135° F for medium rare).
- 5. Transfer the tri-tip to a platter, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 6. Slice across the grain and serve immediately.