Grass-fed Strip Steak in Spinach and Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Servings: 3-4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Craving a classic steakhouse dinner but only have 30 minutes to spare? Look no further than this elegant, flavorful recipe from Silver Fern Farms featuring New Zealand grass-fed strip steak served with a mouth-watering spinach and mushroom sauce. The rich, earthy flavors of the spinach and mushroom sauce complement the grass-fed beef resulting in an elevated yet easy meal.
- 10 oz New Zealand grass-fed strip steak (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- Olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Sourdough bread
- 1. Let steak sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Once heated, cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until medium-rare. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Let rest.
For the Sauce:
- 3. In a medium saucepan, combine the mushrooms, butter, heavy cream, garlic and white wine. Bring the mixture to a soft rolling boil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes until mushrooms have softened and the sauce has slightly reduced.
- 4. Return the cast iron skillet used for the steak to medium-high heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce to deglaze the pan. Once deglazed, quickly add the heavy cream sauce.
- 5. Stir in the spinach and allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Slice the steak against the grain and top with the spinach and mushroom sauce. Serve with sourdough bread and butter.