- 1 1/4 lb. New Zealand grass-fed skirt steak, thinly sliced (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 whole star anise
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small bok choy, trimmed and washed
- 4 oz pho style rice noodles
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- Red pepper flakes
- Hoisin sauce
- 1. In a large pot, combine the beef stock and water. Add garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, hoisin, star anise, lime and black pepper.
- 2. Bring broth to a simmer and cook covered for at least 30 minutes over low heat.
- 3. Using a fine sieve, strain broth into a large bowl and discard pieces of garlic, star anise and lime wedges.
- 4. Pour broth back into the original pot. Add carrots and beef and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Add bok choy, noodles and green onion. Stir to combine. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- 6. Serve in bowls and garnish with red pepper flakes, extra hoisin or sriracha, if desired.