Cambodian Style Grass-fed Beef Skewers Recipe
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Get ready for grilling season with these Cambodian style beef skewers from Foodness Gracious, made with New Zealand grass-fed ribeye steak. Serve with your favorite grain, side salad or grilled veggies for a complete meal.
For the Beef:
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed ribeye steak (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, smashed with a knife
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
For the Skewers:
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- Bamboo or metal skewers
To Serve (Optional):
- Side salad
- Grilled vegetables
- 1. Slice ribeye into thin strips and transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to coat the beef. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours, or up to overnight.
- 2. Once the beef is marinated, preheat grill to high heat.
- 3. Begin building the skewers by threading a piece of beef over the top of the skewer and pushing down to the bottom. Add a chunk of red onion and then more beef, following these steps until the skewer is full. Repeat the process until all the beef has been used.
- 4. Place skewers on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn the skewers over and repeat on the other side until the beef and onion are slightly charred.
- 5. Serve immediately with grain of choice, a side salad or grilled vegetables.