Thai Beef Larb Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Who says you can’t have a flavorful and fresh meal in under 30 minutes? This Thai Beef Larb from Bunny Eats Design offers just that, thanks to its quick cook time and delicious ingredients, including New Zealand grass-fed beef, Thai flavors and fresh herbs.
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed ground beef (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 red chilis (e.g., Fresno chili), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Fresh Thai basil, roughly chopped
- Cucumber, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Cooked Jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- Fresh mint
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh Thai basil
- 1. In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add lemongrass paste, garlic, sugar and chilis and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- 2. Add ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until fully cooked and no pink remains. Stir frequently while cooking to break the beef into small pieces.
- 3. Add lime juice and fish sauce to the pan and stir until combined. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and mix in red onion, green onions, mint, cilantro, and Thai basil.
- 5. Transfer meat to a platter and serve with cucumber slices, lettuce leaves, jasmine rice, and fresh herbs, with lime wedges on the side.