Quick Autumn Grass-Fed Lamb Stir-Fry Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
You don’t often think of using lamb in a stir-fry, but it is delicious. New Zealand grass-fed lamb complements the flavors of this autumn-inspired dish. The key to a good stir-fry is to have all your ingredients prepared and placed in the order you are going to add them to the wok. This recipe is all about quick cooking.
For the Lamb:
- 14 oz New Zealand grass-fed lamb leg steaks (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
For the Wok Vegetables:
- 2 Oranges
- 8 oz beef stock
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon green chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- ½ cup peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb. mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half if large
- 1 lb. baby corn, drained and cut in three pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Steamed rice
For the Stir-fry:
- 1. Grate the zest of both oranges into a bowl. Cut away the peel and pith from each orange and segment over the bowl, collecting the juice as you go. Place orange segments on a plate and set aside.
- 2. Add the beef stock, honey, soy sauce, and chili sauce into the bowl with the orange zest and juice. Mix well and set aside.
- 3. Cut the lamb steaks into strips (1 in x .25 in), season with salt and pepper to taste and coat the lamb with corn flour.
- 4. Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add a dash of oil and when hot, add the eggplant cubes and stir-fry until golden and soft, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir-frying until soft. Add baby corn and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Transfer all to a bowl.
- 5. Add one more dash of oil to the wok and heat until just smoking. Add half of the lamb strips and stir-fry until browned, about 1 minute, then add to vegetables. Add remaining lamb strips and repeat.
- 6. Add ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add orange and stock mixture and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by one-third. Return lamb and vegetables to the wok and stir-fry until heated through.
- 7. Stir the sesame seeds and mint into the wok and season with salt. Place lamb and vegetables in a warmed serving bowl and top with the orange segments. Serve with steamed rice.