Grass-fed Lamb Sausage Pizza with Sundried Tomato and Arugula Recipe
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
An easy recipe resulting in a gourmet experience. Instead of tomato sauce, this recipe uses chopped sundried tomato to create a flavorful base that won’t make the pizza dough soggy. Paired with savory New Zealand grass-fed lamb sausage, mozzarella, plenty of vegetables, and just a touch of goat cheese, your pizza will be balanced in flavor and very colorful.
Tip: Scroll down to watch the recipe video.
For the Lamb Sausage:
- 8 oz New Zealand grass-fed ground lamb (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
For the Pizza:
- 1 14-16 oz pizza dough (fully thawed and at room temperature if using frozen dough)
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 16 small mozzarella balls
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- 1. Prepare a 12-inch round pan or sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Preheat the oven to highest temperature (450 to 500° F).
- 2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the lamb sausage ingredients and mix well. If the mixture is too thick to mix properly, add cold water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to loosen it up.
- 3. Gently stretch the pizza dough to the size of the pan you are using, making sure there is a bit of extra dough along the edges for the crust.
- 4. Evenly spread the sundried tomatoes across the pizza. Add zucchini, artichoke hearts, and mozzarella. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Add teaspoon-sized pieces of the lamb mixture and sprinkle with additional goat cheese, if desired.
- 5. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, depending on oven temperature, until the crust turns golden brown and the mozzarella cheese is bubbling.
- 6. Let cool for 5 minutes then top with the arugula and cherry tomatoes, if using. Slice and serve hot.