For the Lamb Chops:
- 8-10 New Zealand grass-fed lamb rib chops (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup fresh or thawed cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1. Pat lamb chops dry with a paper towel.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and spices.
- 3. Sprinkle the dry rub on top of the lamb chops and press the mixture into the meat.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- 5. In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium heat. Heat pan until a drop of water sizzles onto it. Sear rib chops for 2 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 140° F. Remove chops from the pan and set aside.
- 6. Add sauce mixture to the pan, cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking constantly until the mixture has reduced by half.
- 7. Drizzle cranberry maple sauce over chops before serving.