Grass-fed Lamb Burgers Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
A Cozy Kitchen’s Lamb Burgers feature delicious New Zealand grass-fed ground lamb on top of a buttery brioche bun, piled high with pepper jack cheese, whipped feta and grilled red onion. It’s the perfect end-of-summer dish when you’re just not quite ready to let grilling season go.
For the Burger Patties:
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed ground lamb, divided into four equal-sized patties (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pepper Jack cheese, sliced
For the Whipped Feta:
- 2 1/2 oz Greek feta
- 4 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves, minced
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- French fries (optional)
- Side salad (optional)
For Whipped Feta:
- 1. In a food processor, add the feta and yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Stir in the minced parsley and mint leaves. Add pepper to taste.
- 3. Set aside in an airtight container.
For Burger Patties:
- 4. Divide ground lamb into 4 1/2-inch thick patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and brush the surface with oil.
- 6. Toast brioche buns on the grill cut side down for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- 7. Add sliced red onion to grill and cook until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- 8. Grill burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add Pepper Jack cheese slices, and cover for 1 minute, or until cheese has melted. Remove patties from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 9. Add whipped feta to both halves of brioche buns.
- 10. Add slices of cucumber, the lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, and burger patty. Serve with fries or a salad.