Lamb Cutlets with Minted Pine Nut Crumbs Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
These New Zealand grass-fed lamb cutlets are gently pan-fried and finished in the oven for a golden, crunchy, minted pine nut crumb crust.
Tip: If you can’t find lamb cutlets, lamb loin chops or a lamb rack cut into cutlets are suitable alternatives.
For the Lamb:
- 16 New Zealand grass-fed mini lamb cutlets (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Black pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mint jelly
For the Lamb:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- 2. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, mint, garlic and pepper. Marinate lamb cutlets in the minted mayonnaise for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and salt in a shallow dish. Brush off excess mayonnaise with a pastry brush or spoon and coat each cutlet in the pine nut crumbs.
- 4. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook half of the lamb cutlets for 1-2 minutes each side. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb cutlets.
- 5. Cook the lamb cutlets in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden.
- 6. Serve with mint jelly and colorful salad.