15-Minute Lamb Fried Rice Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
There’s nothing better than an easy weeknight meal you can whip up in just 15 minutes. This fried rice highlights tasty, tender New Zealand grass-fed lamb, egg and vegetables. It’s sure to become a regular in your weeknight recipe rotation.
Tip: Scroll down to watch the recipe video.
- 1 lb. New Zealand grass-fed boneless lamb leg, cut into 1-inch pieces and trimmed of any fat (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves separated and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced, greens and white separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups leftover rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen vegetable mix
- 1 lime, quartered
For the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the lamb and marinade ingredients. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 3. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the marinated lamb. Brown the lamb for 1 minute per side, or until both sides are golden brown. Transfer the lamb to a plate.
- 4. Lower the heat to medium-high and add another teaspoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the cilantro stems, green onion whites and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 5. Add the rice to the skillet and stir to coat with the aromatic oil. If the pan looks dry, drizzle a bit more vegetable oil. Fry for two minutes. Move the rice to one side of the pan.
- 6. Add the last teaspoon of vegetable oil and beaten eggs to the empty side of the skillet. Let stand for 30 seconds or until the bottom of the egg sets, then scramble the eggs. Stir the scrambled eggs into the fried rice.
- 7. Add the frozen vegetables, lamb (including any collected juices) and sauce to the rice. Mix well. Cook for another minute, stirring frequently, and remove from heat.
- 8. Add the chopped cilantro leaves and greens of the green onion to the fried rice. Finish with a small squeeze of lime juice and mix well. Serve immediately.