Parmesan and Panko Crusted Lamb Chops Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
People are often intimidated by the idea of cooking lamb, but it doesn’t get any easier than this quick 20-minute lamb chops recipe from Spoon Fork Bacon.
Tender, juicy New Zealand grass-fed lamb chops are coated in crunchy panko breadcrumbs and delicious parmesan cheese and then seared to perfection. Talk about a tasty bite!
- 1 New Zealand grass-fed lamb rack, cut into chops (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder and paprika.
- 2. In a separate shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, tarragon and 1 tablespoon of chives.
- 3. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- 4. Dredge lamb chops in flour mixture and shake off any excess. Dip the lamb chops in beaten egg, shaking off any excess. Dredge lamb chops in panko mixture until fully coated, shaking off any excess.
- 5. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add lamb chops and sear for 4-5 minutes.
- 6. Flip each lamb chop and sear for another 4-5 minutes or until panko crust is browned and lamb reaches your desired level of doneness (130° F for medium-rare, 140° F for medium).
- 7. Remove from heat, lightly season with salt and remaining sliced chives.