New Zealand Grass-fed Lamb Steaks with Yogurt and Cilantro Marinade
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Silver Fern Farms developed this quick and easy recipe featuring 100% grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. The yogurt and cilantro marinade provides a fresh and flavorful coating for the savory lamb. Served with a prepared vegetable couscous and topped with feta cheese, this dish makes it easier than ever to increase the amount of quality time spent with loved ones around the dinner table.
For the Lamb:
- 2 Silver Fern Farms 100% New Zealand Grass-Fed Lamb Steaks (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Marinade:
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup natural yogurt
- Prepared vegetable couscous
- Crumbled feta cheese
For the Lamb:
- 1. Season the lamb steaks with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2. In a resealable bag or mixing bowl, make the marinade by combining the lemon zest and juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro and yogurt.
- 3. Using a pastry brush or spoon, coat the lamb steaks with marinade and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- 4. Wipe the excess marinade from lamb steaks. Reserve any remaining marinade.
- 5. On a grill warmed to high heat or a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the lamb steaks for approximately 3-4 minutes on the first side for medium-rare steaks. Then flip to cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- 6. Once the lamb steaks are cooked to your desired doneness, transfer them to a cutting board or plate, cover with tinfoil and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- 7. Slice the lamb steaks across the grain and serve over prepared vegetable couscous.
- 8. Drizzle with remaining marinade, if desired, and garnish with crumbled feta cheese.