Grass-fed Lamb Loin Chops with Pasta Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Level up your dinner game with this protein packed pasta recipe. Tender New Zealand grass-fed lamb loin chops with delicious, garlicky mushrooms and broccolini served over linguine with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice. It’s a weeknight winner!
- 4 New Zealand grass-fed lamb loin chops (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 6 cups brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 oz broccolini, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1. Place lamb loin chops on a big plate. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the lamb on both sides.
- 2. Heat a large, high-walled pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 3. Once the oil is hot, add the lamb and cook without touching about 3 minutes or until the bottom turns golden brown. Flip to cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the lamb from the pan, place on a clean plate and set aside.
For the Pasta:
- 4. In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once browned, remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- 5. To the same pot, add broccolini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Once wilted, remove broccolini from pan and set aside with mushrooms.
- 6. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add white wine to the pot and increase heat to medium-high. Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 7. Add chicken broth, remaining salt and pasta noodles. Boil, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the sauce is thick, but not dry.
- 8. Turn off the heat. Add parsley, cooked mushrooms and broccolini to the pot, and toss well. Taste the pasta and adjust seasoning by adding more salt and/or olive oil, if desired.
- 9. Divide the pasta between 4 plates, top with the lamb chops and serve immediately.