Blue Cheese Flank Steak Roll with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Tender and juicy, this savory blue cheese flank steak roll with balsamic glaze is packed with flavor and perfect for a weeknight family dinner or special occasion. You can substitute skirt steak for this recipe, if needed.
Tip: Scroll down to watch the recipe video.
For the Steak Roll:
- 2 lb. New Zealand grass-fed flank steak, cut into two pieces (Tip: Look for the Taste Pure Nature logo)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 large handful, baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Fresh parsley, chopped
For the steak roll:
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Add shallot, garlic and rosemary and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
- 2. Cover steak pieces with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3. Spread mushroom spinach mixture evenly onto the steak pieces. Sprinkle with blue cheese and gently roll up the meat. Secure with skewers and cut each roll into 1-2-inch pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- 5. In a large, oven-safe cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Sear stuffed steak slices gently for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 8 minutes.
- 6. Remove from the oven and let the steak pieces rest for 3-5 minutes before removing the skewers.
For the balsamic glaze:
- 7. Heat a small saucepan on medium heat. Add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and a small pinch of salt. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens and glaze forms, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 8. Drizzle balsamic glaze over steak pieces. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.