Almond Crusted New Zealand Grass-fed Lamb Cutlets Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
This recipe takes grass-fed lamb cutlets to a whole new level with the addition of a textured, nutty crust of smashed almonds. Paired with a salad or mix of warm spring vegetables, this is a light and fresh-tasting meal – ready in under 30 minutes!
For the Lamb:
- 12 New Zealand grass-fed lamb cutlets (Tip: look for the Taste Pure Nature Logo)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups dry white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges
- Salad greens, or your favorite seasonal vegetable, like green beans or peas
For the Lamb:
- 1. Place the flour on a plate, the breadcrumbs on another and the egg mixture in a shallow bowl. Stir the almonds and parsley through the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Coat each cutlet in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture, then place in the breadcrumbs. Gently pat down on each side, ensuring that the cutlets are well coated. Place on a large plate as you go.
- 3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to just cover the base of the pan.
- 4. As soon as the oil is hot (test oil by dropping in a few breadcrumbs – they should sizzle in the hot oil), add half of the lamb cutlets to the pan and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn the cutlets and cook for a further 1 minute until golden brown. Remove, drain on plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining lamb cutlets.
- 5. Serve lamb cutlets with lemon wedges and salad greens or seasonal vegetables.